fot

Intake manifold ... ceramic coatings

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Intake manifold ... ceramic coatings
From: joe dirt <oldskooling@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:59:40 -0700 (PDT)
After reading some articles on thermal managment, especially in regards to
ceramic coatings, I couldn't help but notice the V8 guys are making quite a few
more ponies when coating the bottom of the intake runners and the valley plate.
Obviously they're keeping heat out of the intake runners making for a denser
and much cooler charge. A quick look at a Triumph's set up and I can't help but
think coating at least the bottom of the half of the intake manifold would make
for even better results being that the exhuast manifold is right there. I know
some of you run heat sheilds that go up along the bottom side of the intake
manifold, but I would think ceramic coating would work better, and also save
weight. Anyone care to share there thoughts on this?
-Bob Adams