fot

Re: More on the tire discussion

To: henry@henryfrye.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More on the tire discussion
From: joe dirt <oldskooling@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:32:37 -0700 (PDT)
Henry,

I shouldn't have said SVRA allows, but should have said SVRA LET at least two
CP Porsches run Toyo RA1's (only two showed up to the grid). Though I've been
looking at pictures of other events, and they certaintly look like they're on
something other than any other of the known 50 series "vintage" tires (they
look like Toyo's or something very similar). From what I saw Ceaser Cone, Dick
Tillinger, etc. were on Street TD's, but you have to keep in mind those cars
are as light or lighter, wider, better aero, and are capable of putting out
just as much if not more power than the TR's.

-Bob Adams

Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com> wrote:
At 06:46 PM 10/17/2005 -0700, joe dirt wrote:

>SVRA allows the Porsche 356 guys Toyo RA1's.. or at least the "CP"
>(but still Group 3) 356's.

Bob,

Not sure that is a fact. Has anyone clarified that with Jack W?