fot

Re: More on the tire discussion

To: grandwazoo@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More on the tire discussion
From: joe dirt <oldskooling@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:43:38 -0700 (PDT)
We also have to keep in mind that those Porsches on Toyo's are in CP with
1600cc motors. As is they are competitive in their class. What we really should
be focusing on instead of what other cars are allowed and trying to slow them
up, is what can we do to get the TR's more competitive if they WANT to be. Even
if they don't allow 50 series tires in DP, with the new rumored 60 series
Hoosier radial coming out they may be a good alternative... but their should be
the option of running a 50 series tire if they wish to do so, even though it
may bump them up a class. You also have to look at it this way though.. current
50 series tires are way better than any 60 series tires that the TR's are
allowed in everything: price , performance, and longevity. So if they 50 series
tires are allowed, but only in CP it will be cheaper to run CP. You would then
run the risk of being put into Group 8 every so often though. So there lies a
problem there... the TR guys would run CP to save money but
 except for a few most of them would be hoplessly outgunned. I'll leave it at
that and let you guys who are actually spending the money and doing the racing
take it from here.

-Bob Adams

ke Jackson <grandwazoo@earthlink.net> wrote:
I've sent a note to Jack W. I expect an answer soon. I searched their website,
which Jack has much input to and it's note there. I suspect this is one of them
minor urban legends.

Mike Jackson