fot

VSCCA news flash

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: VSCCA news flash
From: SpiwakD@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:01:14 EST
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

VSCCA, the somewhat- snobby club that hosts the Pittsburg Vintage Grand Prix,
has announced that previously non-eligible TR 3s will now be accepted into
the club. As older board members are being replaced by younger, more-visionary
ones, the club has realized it must expand its base to stay active.

VSCCA standards for car appearance and preparation are very different from
SCCA or SVRA. No flared fenders, no full roll cages. Cars should be prepped to
the standards of the era. No wide Hoosiers. The VSCCA tire is Dunlop. Street
radials are ok.

I have done VSCCA events for years with my 1957 RHD TR3. My car was not
eligible, but they made exceptions. The club has a good slate of events in the
northeast. Don't expect wheel-to-wheel excitement as in SVRA. THe VSCCA
philosophy
is more about preservation than racing, but they do drive at some good tracks.

For more info, check their website.

                                                               Dave