fot

Re: VSCCA news flash

To: SpiwakD@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VSCCA news flash
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:39:50 EST
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

In a message dated 11/15/2005 8:02:21 AM Central Standard Time,
SpiwakD@aol.com writes:

> VSCCA, the somewhat- snobby club that hosts the Pittsburg Vintage Grand
> Prix,
> has announced that previously non-eligible TR 3s will now be accepted into
> the club. As older board members are being replaced by younger,
> more-visionary
> ones, the club has realized it must expand its base to stay active.

Yeah, I understand why one might choose to say, "somewhat- snobby."  Back in
the mid-1980s they told me, "TR3s are too common!".  Or worse, "We don't want
to attract a bunch of rusty TR3s."  Both, of course, were offensive to me.
They did say however, "Submit a request for an entry.  We do make exceptions on
an individual basis."  The PEERLESS Bob Wismer and I own used to race with
them.  You have to respect what the VSCCA is/was trying to do.  Clearly they
usually field a far more interesting entry list than other groups.

The VSCDA actually started out as the Prairie Region of the VSCCA.

Bill Dentinger