fot

Re: TR-4 Bent Axle Tubes

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-4 Bent Axle Tubes
From: herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:01:50 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: WEmery7451@aol.com

Has anyone ever heard of straightening or replacing bent rear axle
tubes?  I
now have two complete rear beam axle assemblies with bent axle tubes
laying on
the garage floor from the last two crashes....

==AM==
I know nothing about this...except that I do remember watching the
Group 44 crew attempt to do this to their TR7 after a crash at an SCCA
National @ Watkins Glen back in the late 1970s or early 1980s.
Apparently they had some success straightening the axle tube, as the
car did get back on the track. Bodywork still looked like he**,
though....

--Andy  Mace