fot

RE: TR-4 Bent Axle Tubes

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR-4 Bent Axle Tubes
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:28:12 -0800
>Has anyone ever heard of straightening or replacing bent rear axle tubes?

Certainly feasible. The tube is not threaded--it's just pressed in with an
interference fit and staked. You drill out the staked pin and pull the
tubes. I had to weld mine in place because they were creeping out and
sheared the ends off stake pins and a collection of bolts I added.

They are a tight fit, but you can heat the case and pop them out pretty
easily. Once they are out you could get them repaired or replace them with
other tubing.