fot

Re: [FOT] Best racing songs of all time...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Best racing songs of all time...
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:42:32 -0700
Have we any native Californians out there? With the subject of Jan &
Dean's "Dead Man's Curve" coming up, I have wondered about the details in
the song. The Jag and the Vette 'come off the line at Sunset and Vine'
and they pass Crescent Heights. That would put them westbound. There is a
sweeping left hander shortly thereafter. Today it's about 8 lanes wide.
Question:
Is that Dead Man's Curve?
Was it more like a 2 lane highway back in the early 1960's?

I have too much time on my hands, so I wonder about these things.
Thanks,
Bill
70 GT6+