fot

Re: [FOT] Best racing songs of all time...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Best racing songs of all time...
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 23:48:26 -0700
Pretty big explanation of the location up on Snopes

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/deadman.htm

Personal note.  In that Snopes article they talk about Jan singing
again with Dean as the opening act for the Beach Boys in 1978.  I
went to one of those concerts when they came to Savannah - I was a
Sophomore in HS and it was the very first concert I ever went to.  It
was open seating and the door we were standing in front of was the
first door they opened.  Sat in the very middle of the third row from
the stage.  Great concert.  Still remember it like it was
yesterday.  Still have the ticket stub in an old scrap book.  Jan &
Dean came back out during the Beach Boys set and sang along too.