fot

[FOT] Hallett

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Hallett
From: "john price" <john-price@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 12:08:04 -0500
All you folks seem to have had a good time at Hallett. I wish I could share
your enthusiasm for how the weekend turned out.

For me it was pretty miserable and expensive.

Kramer, Hovey, Young and I were supposed to be sharing a carport. With four of
us in there it would have been fun. I understand why Bob couldn't get his car
finished, but Larry bailed out to go to the "big top" leaving Joe and me in
there by ourselves. The FOT guys are OK, I guess, but the group doesn't seem
to be very inclusive. The Turtle and I felt pretty much ignored. My crew and I
weren't even told about Kas' "champagne party" (whenever that was). Since I
was one of the few people who kicked in $100 to defray Kas' travel expenses,
one would have thought he would have at least come around to the pit to say
hello. Actually, it would have been nice if any of the FOT people had come by
to say hello, look at the car, etc. I searched you out, introduced myself to
you and admired your cars just out of courtesy. The impression I got was that
if you weren't under the "big top" with Alexander, Drews and company, you
weren't really part of the group.

On the first lap of the first race on Saturday I broke my gearbox. I couldn't
select 3rd or 4th gear.  Then I broke my diff while positioning for the photo
shoot.  I couldn't check these things out without pulling the engine and
transmission, and no one offered to help out with checking what could be
checked so I loaded up and went home Sunday morning.

 I think that in the future I'm going to stop supporting "groups" and just do
my own thing. I'm sure not going to make another 1000-mile round trip  tow to
an FOT "event".

John R. Price
Velvet Turtle Racing
College Station, Texas