fot

RE: [FOT] Hallett

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <kaskas@cox.net>, <john-price@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: [FOT] Hallett
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 07:36:22 -0500
I was away from the computer yesterday and missed this as it unfolded. I
know John and I know he regrets unloading his frustration. I'm sure any
of us that broke both a tranny and a diff in the same weekend would be
somewhat distressed and sensitive, especially considering the $$ side of
things. He, like the rest of us had high expectations for the weekend
and reading about the success others achieved must have stung a nerve. I
was supposed to share his garage, and I'm sure he felt a little left out
since not many people knew him. In retrospect I should have introduced
him around. He did mention to me that he hadn't met Kas yet and I missed
that opportunity. As for Johns car, a TR6 based TVR is a relatively
unique racecar and deserved recognition as well and Johns little green
Turtle was left out of the conversations. It does present a challenge
for fixing things at the track. The driveline isn't easy to get to.

I did challenge the TX Fot racers to come up with $100 apiece for Kas's
expenses. I think most everyone in our small circle met that challenge.
Kas and Peggy were extremely generous in turning down our money, and in
providing the champagne toast. It was a little bit of Triumph nirvana. I
for one would prefer to see the dollars remain I the coffers to cover
travel expenses at future events. Kas may be able to justify driving to
Oklahoma, but flying to the east coast is another matter. On the other
hand, racing expenses being what they are, I would encourage anyone that
donated for travel expenses to take advantage of the Fot's liberal, no
questions asked refund policy.

Come to think of it, I didn't pay my third of the garage rental. I owe
somebody.

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
16415 North IH35