fot

[FOT] Modern brake fluid/rebuilt Triumph components

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Modern brake fluid/rebuilt Triumph components
From: "Jason Sukey" <jsukey@eng.utoledo.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:43:21 -0400
Does anyone out there know weather or not the seals used in brake component
rebuilds on our cars these days are safe for modern brake fluids?  Seems to
me, it would make sense for the manufacturers of the seals to use the same
modern rubber that they are using on everything else in the industry..but I
have been wrong before...

Lets say a certain TR6 will have a nice Tilton M.C. setup this year, and the
rest of the system has been rebuilt with new seals within the past 5 years
or so, I'm wondering if I should stick with the old standby Castrol GTLMA,
or if I could get away with something else...

Thanks,

Jason Sukey