fot

Re: [FOT] Modern brake fluid/rebuilt Triumph components

To: Bob Davis <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Modern brake fluid/rebuilt Triumph components
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 20:35:10 -0700
Probably a little wallet problem though, it's not cheap. I do find
that running the best brake fluid available is a reasonable economy,
but it sure is painful to flush it frequently, which you need to do
to maintain that high boiling point.

I've used the Valvoline synthetic DOT 4, and it seemed okay, though
it seemed kind of marginal at the end of long races--but that could
be other things.

the biggest improvement I'm made to my brakes is a set of
speedbleeders. About 20 bucks as I recall, and they make it feasible
to flush your system and get every last bubble out with no fuss and
no help. Marvelous. My only question is why they weren't invented
long ago.