fot

RE: [FOT] Modern brake fluid/rebuilt Triumph components

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Modern brake fluid/rebuilt Triumph components
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:32:56 -0400
The guy who runs my local auto parts store only carries LMA in pints.
When I asked why no quarts he said the same thing as Ted. So whenever I
need to flush an entire system I open a quart I get at Pep Boys because
I use the majority of it. Anything left over usually gets used for
either clutches or as cleaning fluid when rebuilding brake components.

I went the Motul route for a while. It was a pain in the wallet to flush
the entire system every race weekend. Then I was preparing for a race
and realized I didn't have any Motul on hand. I flushed the system with
LMA and had no problems. Now I run LMA in the race car and have never
had an issue. When prepping the car for a race weekend all I do is bleed
the brakes a couple pumps each corner and top up from a sealed pint
container.

Works for me, YMMV. I rationalized either Triumphs don't have enough
brakes to heat the fluid up to boiling, or if you are using that much
brake you are going too slow!