fot

Re: [FOT] Dry sump pans

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] Dry sump pans
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:31:37 -0700
Sounds scary. Scavenging a dry sump is often done in multiple
locations on opposite sides to ensure you don't flood the crank in
turns. Race Engineering magazine had a good article on dry sump best
practices a few issues ago--or maybe that was a few years ago.

I assume your pressure pump will run directly from the tank. You
should probably make sure you have a good swirl tank, you get a lot
of air entrained in the oil and the vent line and catch can will
carry away a few pints per race if you don't do a good job of
separating the oil from the air.