fot

RE: [FOT] GT6 brake upgrade

To: "'Chuck Arnold'" <triosan@gmail.com>, <Guyots3@wmconnect.com>
Subject: RE: [FOT] GT6 brake upgrade
From: "Walter Hollowell" <walt@hot-tr6.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:30:54 -0600
I installed the Toyota 4 Runner 4 piston calipers on my TR6 a couple of
years ago and I like them although they do require increased brake pedal
pressure which I don't mind. The mounting holes do need to be enlarged which
I did with a few licks of a rat tailed file (don't you just love low tech)
and of course the pipe to the brake hose has to be rethreaded. Another thing
that some people over look is that the center of the Toyota brake caliper is
offset from that of the original Triumph units. I used a 1/8" thick flat
washer between the caliper and the mounting plate (2 washers required per
side). Crank everthing down tight. If you don't center the calipers so the
pads are spaced evenly on both side of the rotor you will eat up one pad
fast or even have the piston hydraulics blow out.
Walt Hollowell
Abq., NM