fot

[FOT] FYI: Good harmonic dampers for Triumphs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] FYI: Good harmonic dampers for Triumphs
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:38:53 -0400
Amici,

I learned this weekend that ATI do have drawings for TR cranks.  I watched
one be installed on a TR2 crank nose - damn, it's a tight fit!

ATI are like Fluid-Damper, and make ultra-high quality stuff.  As y'all
know,
I've been after a good damper for a long time, and now I've found a source.
(I have no association with ATI, blah, blah, blah).

ATI's drawings use a small V-grooved pulley, just right for a dedicated
track car, but too tiny for those of us who drive our car to/from events
and need to support other systems for extended time periods.  I don't
think it would be too much hard work for ATI to increase the size of the
pulley.

At $525, it's not cheap, but talk to any decent V8 builder; the damper is
among the most expensive single component that goes into their motors.
Given Triumph's wet noodle of a crank, it may be a good investment.

Shane Ingate in Maryland
"Anyone can rebuild a car.  It takes a real man to cut one up".