fot

Re: [FOT] rocker stud breakage

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] rocker stud breakage
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:13:28 -0400
Uncle Jack wrote:

>I broke two rocker stand mounting studs, both times the rear one, this
>weekend and I haven't been able to find the smoking gun cause.
>
>grade 8 studs
>
>Can you think of anything I'm missing?

Grade 8 studs/bolts are not rated for shear, so in a head they
are as likely to break as grade 5.  I'd recommend ARP.

Sorry I cannot provide any diagnostics.  Sure you didn't
dribble rottweiler loctite in the rear stud holes?

Shane Ingate, neophyte Dr Watson, in Maryland
"Anyone can restore a car.  It takes a real man to cut one up."