fot

RE: [FOT] Triumph frames

To: "'FOT Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Triumph frames
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:28:18 -0700
> Has anybody ever  seen a TR2-3-4 that actually NEEDED a new
> frame?

I certainly won't say it's common, but I HAVE seen them.  Abandoned one of
my long-ago projects because I could poke my finger through the frame rails
in several places.

Almost wrecked the TR3A before that when the lower left front suspension
mounts ripped out of the frame due to excessive hidden rust.  I was just
stopping normally in traffic, not even pulling any G's to speak of.
Fortunately no one coming the other way.

Randall