fot

Re: [FOT] Triumph frames

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Triumph frames
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:15:46 -0700
the amount of work required to get a TR3/4 frame ready for racing is
fairly daunting and would be much nicer to have done on a jig so
things stay straight. If I didn't have a surplus of frames I'd
consider it--but I have an embarrasment of them.  As far as road cars
go, I've never seen an east coast car with a frame I'd want to use.
Mild steel with a thin coat of paint run over salted roads for forty
years. Hmmm.

tooling up to build any frame is spendy, but tooling to build the
second model is a lot more reasonable. I've seen pictures of the
facility--looks like they can do a very good job.