fot

Re: [Fot] water in the oil

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] water in the oil
From: Ed Diehl <mediehljr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:57:38 -0800 (PST)
Hi, Ken. Some pretty good advic from those guys. I think we discussed the
figure 8 gakets once before. Sounds like a likely prospect. See ya tomorrow?
Cheers, Ed.

KENMUN@aol.com wrote:  fot, i need advice on fixing a problem of water in the
oil in my tr3 vintage
racer. the problem began when i milled the head to increase the cr to 10.5/1.
advice at the time was that i needed the steel head gasket. i've tried 3
different composite head gaskets and 2 configurations of steel gasket. in one
degree or another the problem returns after a very short time of running. i've
also
tried all brands of head/ head gasket repair products. the liners stand above
the block around.002/.005".in desperation i returned to a stock head and
gasket. the problem is still there. i know the modified head was a prime
suspect
but,what are other ways for water to get into the oil and how would know?
thanks, ken m.

Ed Diehl
http://mail.yahoo.com