fot

Re: [Fot] Aluminum Radiators and Electrolysis

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Aluminum Radiators and Electrolysis
From: "Marx Christian tr4-racing" <chris@tr4-racing.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 02:20:55 +0100
I would say the reason for aluminium radiators are:
- stronger material
- easy mounting together with plastic parts
- durable core against impacts
- big radiators are lighter than copper ones.

the advantage for copper is:
- better heat conducting by a copper core
- smaller radiator possible

disadvantage of a copper core
- less durable because of the very thin copper
- soldered brass and copper parts instead of welded fitting
- weight