fot

[Fot] Cutting Aeroquip Hoses..

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Cutting Aeroquip Hoses..
From: steve <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:12:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
My Dad's old TR3 arrived via Passport Transport on Monday night.  Each night
after work, I'm out there puttering around trying to tidy up the engine
compartment a bit. It's in great condition but I've always wanted to clean up
the location of a few lines, wires, etc..

One of the things I'd like to do is to replace the 17year old Aeroquip fuel
lines with new stuff.

The braided SS fuel hoses on the car were cut to length with a hack-saw.  Then,
the prickly ends were wrapped in a few loops of black tape.  Over that goes a
hose clamp.  When I shop around online for Aeroquip tubing and fittings, all
the ends available seem to be THREADED fittings.  Is there a more elegant
solution to clamp the ends onto the SU carb fuel-input pipes than the hack saw,
tape, hose clamp method?

Anyone use rubber fuel tubing instead of the braided line?

~Steve