fot

Re: [Fot] brake bias / balance

To: N197TR4@cs.com, dtalbott@archrepro.com, mikee@ragtops.com,
Subject: Re: [Fot] brake bias / balance
From: Fubog1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:38:17 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/2007 12:52:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:

The  stability problem usually is more
> pronounced on corners where you  carry your braking into the turn-in, and/or
> when the corner entry is  downhill - hence accentuating pitch and further
> unloading the  rear.

Dave, Corner Station Five at Road America is an example  of this. It took me
awhile to figure out why some very significant cars  changed ends so readily,
frequently with high drama and disaster.

I  just got a box, containing Wildwood pedals and watching this thread with
great interest. Initial set up will be by Rick J on the AMBRO at Wyotoech,
however.

Daves good simple explanation brought up the weight transfer issue which is
a big part of the equation. Some of these questions have no simple answers
because there are so many variables. What works for one may not work for
another. A lot of times we have to make educated decisions...
I suggest (beginning with #3)-
1- Several of the late-great Carroll Smiths books
2- The Brake Handbook by Fred Puhn HP books
3- understand & appreciate the "friction" or "traction" circle concept  &
weight transfer

this WILL help!
Safety FasTR
Glen