fot

Re: [Fot] Car Club Question

To: N197TR4@cs.com, trmarty@hotmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Car Club Question
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:47:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/2007 6:32:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:

> One  of the car clubs i belong to is a small british car club, non marquee
>  specific. We insult all British cars equally. Only about 50 members. There

> has been quite a dialog going on about how the club should handle
liability
> issues should somebody get injured on a club sponsored  drive or other
event.
> With all the wackos out there it is quite  possible that somebody could
walk
> away with everything we own if they  find the right attorney. Should we
> incorporate? Get lots of  insurance? Both? Say its not worth the risk and
> just disband the  club? There is a lot of discussion at our meetings but
not
> much  knowledge of the right thing to do. How are the car clubs that the
rest
> of you folks belong to handling this  situation?

By all means, incorporate, get insurance if the club can afford it, and --
if possible -- take advantage of any attorneys who also happen to be members or
 friends of members!

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and  Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)