fot

Re: [Fot] Car Club Question

To: trmarty@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Car Club Question
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:10:02 -0600
Marty,
In some states, Incorporation gives some protections. Our litigious
society causes great paranoia among many people. I've spoken to lawyers
who insist clubs must have insurance for everything. Extra for each board
member, riders on top of the policy for any moving event.

Another lawyer who says if you are getting members together for social
reasons, no insurance is needed. For a moving event, basic liability is
enough. Individual board member coverage is a waste of club funds.

Affiliates of a national club may get insurance through that affiliation.
Sometimes, it can offer a local club low cost access to riders to cover
their moving events, such as an autocross, track day, rallye, or the
like.

Check your state laws to see if Incorporation helps you out enough. There
are some good companies..out there offering products to cover club
liability at a reasonable cost for a years coverage.
Bill