fot

[Fot] Early (shorter) rear axles in square-tail Spit?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Early (shorter) rear axles in square-tail Spit?
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:58:18 -0500
Well, maybe I'm getting just a little too itchy to get one of the
Spitfires back on track before the snow flies, but here's the question.

Would the shorter (narrower track) swing axles from an earlier car work
on a later Spitfire if I swapped the spring along with the axles?

The narrower track would not be ideal, I'm sure, but would it get us
some laps?

#49Blue's all ready to go, except for the broken axle.  #48White will
require a lot more work after sitting for 14 years, but has some
hell-for-stout looking rear axles under it.

Scott B.