fot

[Fot] Engine Failure #197 @ Road America

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Engine Failure #197 @ Road America
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:57:56 EDT
Thanks for all of the replies and questions on the demise of the engine.

Teardown should commence shortly. Cause is unknown at this point. Uncle Jack
and I are going to perform an autopsy and will pass along any relevant
information that may be of use to the FoT Wet Sleeve Crowd.

There are two or more valves seized in the valve guides. One of them is at
the #2 cylinder from the front.

There are two pushrods that look like wine cork removers. One is at #2
cylinder.

There is a hole in the block about the size of a child's fist. This is
located at what appears to be the #2 connecting rod from the front.

I draw no conclusions from this, but there seems to be a pattern.

I recently acquired a 7 foot STAINLESS STEEL bench that looks suspiciously
like an autopsy table. We will be putting it to good use.

Joe (A)   </HTML>