fot

Re: [Fot] gearbox legality

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] gearbox legality
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:27:19 -0400
I guess it is apparent I don't live and breath the SVRA rules. I have no
reason to, with the exception of the engine, my car prep is very basic.

The point I was trying to make is I find no issue with the Triumph
gearbox. If you build it right and drive it right, it will last. I am
sure my gearbox is crude compared to one built by somebody that really
knows what they are doing, but it works for me. It shifts slow, it leaks
a little oil, but it gets the job done.

I understand that because it works for me, that does not mean it will
work for everybody. But all the same, I do think since a majority of TR
drivers are running the Triumph box successfully, those that invest in
the alternate boxes are copping out.

Interesting side note, the gearbox rule is found in the General Rules
and Regs, so it applies to all SVRA cars, not specifically Triumphs.