fot

Re: [Fot] gearbox legality

To: henry@henryfrye.com, billb@bnj.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] gearbox legality
From: Fubog1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 12:14:37 EDT
"But all the same, I do think since a majority of TR
drivers are running  the Triumph box successfully, those that invest in
the alternate boxes are  copping out."

If one does his homework & has the ability & budget to allow,  there are a
few gearbox options that are better shifting, reliable, better  weights
(including rotating), & have better ratios. That's an ADVANTAGE,  period,
especially
in the hands of a good driver.
I've said it many times, this is exactly what happened to SCCA  production
(albeit for some different reasons)
& drove the costs to be competitive out of reach for the average  guy/gal. At
a certain point, it's just a Triumph-facsimile.
Glen with Stanpart gearboxes

ps-JackW & crew are doing a great job when you consider the broad range  of
racers that he has to accommodate. Everyone has their own interpretation of
"vintage racing" & different levels of prep & driving ability, &  their job is
to keep everybody happy.