fot

Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008

To: Mike Munson <fasttrs@mindspring.com>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 07:49:02 -0500
If you remember there was a huge discussion on this for the Hallett
event in Oklahoma.  CVAR is relatively strict about vintage prep. We
finally got the CVAR powers to make a one time exception for an event
such as this.  They even agreed to allow wedges which are beyond our
cutoff date.  All of the organizations we've done a challenge with have
agreed to this type exception.  SVRA should also. This is not a case of
lowering standards.  It is a one time exception for a special event, so
we can run all Triumphs.   Didn't SVRA sanction the MidOhio event in
2002?  Everyone was allowed to run there.