fot

Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008

To: cartravel@pobox.com, fasttrs@mindspring.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:23:39 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/2007 8:49:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cartravel@pobox.com writes:

If you  remember there was a huge discussion on this for the Hallett
event in  Oklahoma.  CVAR is relatively strict about vintage prep. We
finally  got the CVAR powers to make a one time exception for an event
such as  this.  They even agreed to allow wedges which are beyond our
cutoff  date.  All of the organizations we've done a challenge with have
agreed to this type exception.  SVRA should also. This is not a case  of
lowering standards.  It is a one time exception for a special  event, so
we can run all Triumphs.   Didn't SVRA sanction the  MidOhio event in
2002?  Everyone was allowed to run  there.

Let me "clarify" this issue.

First, SVRA has regular race groups which accommodate everything Triumph
ever built.

That includes TR8's prepared as SCCA C-Production cars and IMSA GTO  cars.

TR7's are welcome in Group 8 on treaded tires.

We have a place for Dolomites, 2000 sedans, even Stags if race  prepared.

What we do not have a place for is earlier cars that are prepared to  current
SCCA specifications. These cars do not fit in any of our Groups. They  are
not "vintage" cars.

Keep in mind that The Zippo race is not a small club type event where we
might be inclined to accept everyone.

The Zippo is the largest Vintage race in the USA and this year the readers
of Vintage Motorsport voted it the Best Vintage Event, with Monterey being
second. (Try to get in there with a TR!).

Because of the worldwide exposure we cannot go far outside the "vintage"
standard.

I will consider all requests for entry but I don't see a place for current
SCCA club race cars.

Jack Woehrle