fot

Re: [Fot] SCCA Roll Cage Trivia - For The Chronolically Gifted

To: <Group44TR7@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SCCA Roll Cage Trivia - For The Chronolically Gifted
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 04:12:01 -0500
I think it was probably 2000. That year I went to get an annual and flunked
and the front support was one of the reasons, so the tech inspector was nice
enough to write nothing in my logbook. Since I was only planning to do a
couple of regionals after not racing in '99, I bagged that and went and
fixed the car instead. I have annuals in the book in 1999 and 2001 on
adjacent pages -- until this year 2000 is the only gap since 1995.

In '72 only the roll bar was required by GCR. My car's logbooks go back to
then, when logbooks were first required, and the pictures in that book show
only a rollbar. Pictures in my second logbook, issued in '79, also show only
the bar. I don't think I put in the cage until the early '80s, and even then
it was not yet required.

--Rocky Entriken