fot

Re: [Fot] Gas Line

To: <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gas Line
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:27:08 -0500
I ran my line as far from heat sources as possible.  I did not run
the line inside the cockpit.  In my TR6, I ran the line along the
left-hand chassis rail, because I did not want the line anywhere
near the header.  I use a single exhaust pipe along the middle of the
chassis. I run the line up the firewall, along the firewall from the left
side to the right (where the battery used to live) to the fuel rail, and
then to individual lines to the Webers.  I found that the commonly
accepted method of feeding Webers with a common fuel line led to
reduced pressure at the front carb.

I ran the line at the back of the engine rather that around the front,
because the latter requires a longer line which increases heat soak.
Besides, a line around the front is more exposed to damage in case
of a shunt.

Shane Ingate in NM

Alan Washatco asked: