fot

Re: [Fot] One lucky man

To: Don Carter <don@carterdesignassociates.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] One lucky man
From: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 18:32:28 -0600
Don, I pulled this info off of u-tube.

The guys name was Don Renfrow.

"I doubt this was NHRA legal. All I heard was this; it was his first (or
one of his first) runs in the car. he built it himself. he poorly welded
and bolted the seat and buckle onto the floor pan. as you know, with a
powerful car the body with twist and shake. it did this so much it broke
away his seat and buckle. with the seat under him moving around he got
scared and gave it more gas (clearly not thinking clearly, all
instinct.) and there you go, lost control, over-corrected and rolled over."

"That was the old Fremont Drag Strip. On certain days you could bring
anything there and run it. That footage has to be over 25years old. Its
an automall parkway now."

He is indeed lucky to be alive.

Brad