fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 Convertible top install question

To: Chuck Arnold <triosan@gmail.com>, Triumph <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Convertible top install question
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:03:19 -0800 (PST)
Chuck: Absolutely on the header to windshield seal. It will probably get torn
or damaged as it is removed anyway. The strips that hold it on are reusable as
long as your shop doesn't enlarge the holes too much drilling the rivets out.
You'll have to look at the side seals and see if they are pliable. Many times
the velcro comes unglued, but is just fine, i which case the side seals are
removed, the strips that retain them are removed, and the velcro reglued. If
the sside seals aren't pliable they won't survive te removal and
reinstallation. Your call on those.
  Good luck - Ed

Chuck Arnold <triosan@gmail.com> wrote:
  I am replacing a ratty top on a 74.5 TR6. Want to know which, if any, of
the seals, velcro etc. shown in the Moss catalog I need to buy [total comes
to 140 or so for everything]. Is the front seal that mates with the
windshield reusable, or does it get destroyed when removed? Am having a
professional shop do the install, so want to take all the needed parts to
them.
Thanks,

--
Chuck Arnold