fot

[Fot] Fwd: Collector car live auction (bard finds) on eBay

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Collector car live auction (bard finds) on eBay
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:56:33 EST
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Full-name: BillDentin
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:49:29 EST
Subject: Re: [Fot] Collector car live auction (bard finds) on eBay
To: kaskas@cox.net

In a message dated 1/9/2008 4:29:51 PM Central Standard Time, kaskas@cox.net
writes:

I installed a Judson way back in the late 50's on a TR-3 for Triumph Sales
at Cal Sales. Great care was done on this and on the before and after tests
on the dyne the stock engine made more power. Paint gold as Bill says, then
remove the innards and fill with good planting mix and plant flowers or even
a bush.

My first hand experience is I had one on a bone stock 1959 TR3A in the early
1980s, and broke the crank warming the engine up for a NATC Autocross in
Illinois.  I guess a billet crank might help fix that, but better have a rev
limiter too.  Seems to me they promised a 15% horsepower increase, but came
with
instructions to be used on stock engines only.  People have told me they worked
better on the MGA than the TRs.

Bill Dentinger