fot

[Fot] Fuel Cell Mounting

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Fuel Cell Mounting
From: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:32:09 -0600
FoT Brain Trust,

I'm replacing the original (unknown brand) fuel cell in the TR6. I
wanted to change the filler neck but couldn't find anything that would
fit. I'm looking for guidance as to how to attach and protect the new
cell (Fuel Safe). The old one was simply strapped to the sheet metal in
the trunk with SS straps. There is a square tubular cross member
approximately 3" below the trunk sheet metal which could be a good
starting point. Any help and experience would be most appreciated.

Allen

Allen & Jody Washatko
1971 TR6  - Number 6