fot

Re: [Fot] PVGP BeaveRun JULY 2008 A Proposal to the Friends of

To: WILLIAM TOBIN <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] PVGP BeaveRun JULY 2008 A Proposal to the Friends of
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 22:23:00 -0800
Yup, Peyote was there. Neat track, very fun for small cars and the
folks are superry accommodating. They let me run with the big bore
guys and i had a blast. The festivities around the PVGP are world
class, and PVGP is a hoot, though it's a decidedly hazardous track.
Had a blast there too.

We did the charity ride arounds using Diane's Bentley. some folks were
hesitant to ride in the great big car when there were race cars
available, but the Bentley has 535 HP and 530 ft/lbs of torque, four
wheel drive, the biggest brakes ever installed on a production car,
and with the suspension turned to "Sport" it handles extremely well
for a three ton car. We routinely closed up on the pukka race cars in
the straights, and and getting stuffed into the seat by the
acceleration while getting a massage from the selfsame seat is
something to be experienced. we had some happy riders who felt thy had
gotten their $20 worth. and they were probably right--I'm pretty sure
I took that much out of the tires each lap.

A highly recommended event. we also found the people in and around
Pittsburgh to be the nicest, friendliest folks we met on our trip.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com
503.936.7660