fot

Re: [Fot] PVGP BeaveRun JULY 2008 A Proposal to the Friends of

To: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] PVGP BeaveRun JULY 2008 A Proposal to the Friends of
From: Ralph Steinberg <Ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:29:21 -0500
At 01:23 AM 2/10/2008, Bill Babcock wrote:
>Yup, Peyote was there. Neat track, very fun for small cars and the
>folks are superry accommodating. They let me run with the big bore
>guys and i had a blast. The festivities around the PVGP are world
>class, and PVGP is a hoot, though it's a decidedly hazardous track.
>Had a blast there too.
>
>We did the charity ride arounds using Diane's Bentley. some folks
>were hesitant to ride in the great big car when there were race cars
>available, but the Bentley has 535 HP and 530 ft/lbs of torque, four
>wheel drive, the biggest brakes ever installed on a production car,
>and with the suspension turned to "Sport" it handles extremely well
>for a three ton car. We routinely closed up on the pukka race cars
>in the straights, and and getting stuffed into the seat by the
>acceleration while getting a massage from the selfsame seat is
>something to be experienced. we had some happy riders who felt thy
>had gotten their $20 worth. and they were probably right--I'm pretty
>sure I took that much out of the tires each lap.
>
>A highly recommended event. we also found the people in and around
>Pittsburgh to be the nicest, friendliest folks we met on our trip.
>
>  Ah,

  one of my fondest memories is of you standing in your car in an
elegant Tuxedo as we did a photo shoot of American Specials on the
false grid. Now if you would have run the Bentley around the track in
that same suit all we would have needed is a black helicopter to pop
in over the hills and we could imagine Bond, James Bond, behind the wheel.
  Thanks for coming
Ralph Steinberg