fot

Re: [Fot] Kas Kastner built Vitesse

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, Billb@bnj.com, hottr6@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Kas Kastner built Vitesse
From: herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:45:13 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: JWoesvra@aol.com

I have had serious doubts about the period authenticity of this car for
number of years, as it does attend SVRA events occasionally....

It is my contention that it originally had the 2.0L engine, not the
2.5L  TR6
motor that Ralph uses. I don't believe that even though the T/A series
and
B-Sedan class was expanded to 2.5L in 1973, that you could increase the

displacement beyond what the Recognition Form (B3-2) stated. The 2.5L
was never
Triumph option in the Vitesse.

==AM==
Correct; the Vitesse was 2L (except for the original Vitesse 6/Sports
6, which was 1.6L).
==AM==

It also now has a 5-speed tranny. SVRA would allow that if the Vitesse
had
an overdrive option. I don't think it did.

==AM==
Overdrive WAS always an option on the Vitesse.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>