fot

Re: [Fot] Lucas 2-speed windscreen wiper switch

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Lucas 2-speed windscreen wiper switch
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:34:34 -0800
> I have heard of using the TR3 light switch with a TR4A wiper
> motor to get the "two speed" wipers on an earlier car. Never
> tried it myself though.

I believe it depends on which motor you have.  That would work with the
later 3-wire motors (TR4A as you say), but not I think with the earlier ones
(5 or 6 wires).

My own 2-speed wiper project is derailed at the moment, but I'm hoping I can
extract the relevant information from
http://www.kda132.com/Technical/SectionM/wiperswitch/wiperswitch.html

Written for more expensive cars, but the motors should be the same.

Randall