fot

Re: [Fot] The garage mahal

To: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] The garage mahal
From: "robert bownes" <bownes@seiri.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:01:56 -0400
Just a heads up...

I got my lift from a source that bears some investigation for our uses

My F-I-L worked for a company that installed lifts at car dealers. Turns out
they replace them every few years and the old ones are ... thrown out or
sold for scrap.

Mine was free, save for the $100 of anchors I needed to fasten it to the
floor, the wire to power it, and a can of hydraulic fluid.

It's not perfect (It had a "FORD SERVICE" decal stuck on it) but it is
pretty darn close.

Keep an eye out for the local guys who install 'em. Might be able to pick
one up for a reasonable sum.

But do have enough concrete in your floor to mount it!

iii