fot

Re: [Fot] aluminum radiators again

To: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] aluminum radiators again
From: "Peter Vucinic" <pvucinic@netspace.net.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:00:57 +1000
Jack,
A very interesting topic indeed! As I understand it there is only a marginal
difference between the thermal efficiency/heat transfer of Copper over
Aluminum materials. If it's weight saving we are talking about, then it's
Aluminum. I am wondering whether those members seeing good cooling
temperature reductions/stability with the Aluminum Radiator Cores, are
seeing this occur due to the internal design of the radiator? Are the 'new'
Aluminum radiators cooling the water more efficiently as a direct result of
'passing' the coolant through the core more times? That is, are the
radiators single, double or triple pass?