fot

Re: [Fot] "Triotas" (or "Toyumphs")

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] "Triotas" (or "Toyumphs")
From: Kurt Oblinger <koblinger@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:30:03 -0700
The original Miata was most certainly inspired by the original Lotus
Elan. The project leader for the Miata was a guy named Bob Hall, who I
knew back in my misspent youth when my friends and I used to race around
on a deserted piece of road in the Hollywood Hills called Mulholland Dr.
Years later Bob landed a job with Mazda and started lobbying for them to
build a modern interpretation of a '60s British sports car. When the
project got going and a design team was formed, Bob bought an Elan for
the team to use as inspiration. One of the lead designers on the team
was Mark Jordan, son of Bob Jordan, head of GM styling. Put an original
Miata and an Elan side by side and its obvious.

Cheers,
Kurt