fot

Re: [Fot] My Favorite Memory of Jack's Vices...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] My Favorite Memory of Jack's Vices...
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:32:23 -0600
Due to various issues with my respiratory system I haven't had a
cigar for many years.  I do, though, partake of a wee dram of the barley
now and again, even set up single-malt@autox.team.net a while back.
Not a very popular list, a scant handful of messages through the years.
Makes me wonder why I bother with the effort, and still keep doing
it  after roughly 20 years.

Optimistic folks try to find some sort of silver lining in every dark
cloud that comes along.  The flood of email being passed along in
memory of Uncle Jack is why I do what I do.  Being able to provide
such a close knit community of far flung friends over the wires
makes it all worthwhile.  I want to thank each and every one of
you for, well, being each and every one of you.

I wish I could make it to the Glen next month, I'd certainly tip a
glass, maybe even try a puff or two in memory.  Guess I'll have to
settle for a T shirt and a sticker.

mjb.