fot

Re: [Fot] Our weekend at the Glen

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Our weekend at the Glen
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 18:21:49 -0500
What an event!  The downtown race re-enactment and the spectacular variety
of Triumph cars both in the paddock and in the All Triumph race highlighted
the weekend for me. I too had a oily experience but mine was on Thursday.
First the oil warning light sender began spraying my leg bringing me in
early and then in the Triumph practice I lost an oil cooler line connection
(due to a bad choice of hose clamps on my part). The resulting smoke had
spectators expecting a blown engine but the accumulator saved the day. Among
other things this problem allowed me to meet some of the racing legends like
Ed Diehl, Hardy Prentice and Tony Adamowicz. These guys and the rest of the
Triumph crews were great to talk to, helpful and just an all around treat to
have around the paddock. Henry said it well......
> Many of us were able to put faces with familiar names. Before I just
> knew the names. Now I have faces in my brain so I will forget all your
> names. Sorry, that's just how it works.

 I'm glad I'm not the only one with this ailment.

Oh yeah, the track was fast, fun and challenging. Television does not do it
justice. Driving Watkins Glen is awesome.

We arrived home a 5 PM central time after an uneventful 26 hour jaunt home.
The 4 hours Sunday night, and gaining the central time hour made all the
difference.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com