fot

Re: [Fot] Sad news from Road America

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <susank@141.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sad news from Road America
From: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:10:39 -0400

--===============1094373603==

------=_NextPart_000_03B3_01C91D00.0BE87900

    Hi all, a couple things come to mind here.
    First, most vintage groups require towing eyes on the cars, front =
and rear. They should be clearly visable and marked; Pegasus and others =
sell "Tow" decals. Paint the tow eyes a contrasting color for easy ID. =
Make the holes  2" in diameter for easy hookup. Put two front and two =
rear and use them for tiedowns. Jack Woehrle of SVRA put out a couple of =
rants, justifiably so, a couple years ago on their web site about tow =
eyes.
    Make it quicker and easier for the safety crews to hook up and go; =
may save another incident like this one.
    Nextly, as far as I know, nobody has gone from vintage to F1. Are we =
getting too serioius about winning? Just a thought. Vintage is supposed =
to be about having fun; losing our fellow drivers doesn't fit that =
description. Drive your cars hard but remember that those other guys are =
probably your friends.
    And the HANS is a great investment.
    Hope I didn't offend anyone; not the point.
    Take care, Bill   ----- Original Message -----=20