fot

Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints

To: <billdentin@aol.com>, Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints
From: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:08:23 -0700
There is huge lobbying group that has as its sole purpose to overturn Helmet
laws.  They very powerful and have overturned the laws in every state they
have entered, and are essentially just going down the list 'til they've done
it in all fifty, they still have a few states left.  The average motorcycle
head injury runs $80K and the average insurance policy will cover about $40K
the taxpayers pick up the balance.  This could start a whole new
discussion................Henry Morrison> From: BillDentin@aol.com> Date: Thu,
15 Jan 2009 11:57:46 -0500> To: Billb@bnj.com> CC: fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints> > In a message
dated 01/14/2009 5:43:56 PM Central Standard Time, Billb@bnj.com > writes:> >
> > Bad example Billy, Motorcycle racing is far safer than it was just a few >
> years ago, mostly because of required equipment (spine protectors, armor,
neck > > protection and changes to helmets. All required at even the amateur
level > > with very rare exception. > > > Mr. Babcock...My life is one big Bad
Example. > > I am sure you are far more knowledgeable about motorcycle racing
than I'll > ever be. Last year I did watch the Super Bikes at ROAD AMERICA,
and I think > they're all nuts. One year BLACKHAWK held a Speed Week and had
all sorts of > racers at the track including motorcycles. I can remember after
incidents, cycle > racers lined up outside the First Aid Station, some with
limbs dangling. In > most instances, they were not so much seeking First Aid,
but rather > authorization to go back out again. They're nuts. > > This whole
issue reminds me of the mandatory motorcycle helmet laws on the > books in
many states, and the way a significant portion of the riders fight > these
laws. May be difficult to understand why anyone would choose to argue >
against what seems to be a good law. I guess, for some, it comes down to a
stand > against Big Brother overstepping his bounds, and Paternalistic laws.
You know, > "It's my head and my neck...mind your own business."> >
Incidentally, it is NOT a personal issue for me. Wife Shirley is getting me >
a HANS device for my birthday. She was with me at GRATTAN the day Jack Drews >
was killed. That was last August. She gave me until the end of the year to >
get one on my own, and then 'mandated' it. That's seven months...pretty much >
the same as what SVRA is giving. Difference is, I can argue with SVRA if I >
choose to. I don't dare argue with Shirley. > > Bill Dentinger> >
PS...Bill...I always meant to ask you. What did you think of GRATTAN when >
you raced there? It remains my favorite track.> > > > > **************> A Good
Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy > steps! >
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http
://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=>
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > http://www.fot-racing.com> > Fot