fot

Re: [Fot] Fluid, dual circuits and speed bleeders

To: <rkramer@rdoequipment.com>, <billb@bnj.com>, Scott Janzen
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fluid, dual circuits and speed bleeders
From: Sam Halkias <atr6racer@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:49:29 -0400
Here's my two cents. Both ways will work but allot depends on your pedal ratio
and the stroke of your master cylinders. The best bet is to do one front and
one rear at the same time. (Assuming you have a dula master system) If you
have a long pedal, doing the front and rear seperately may not allow the
balance bar to travel far enough to push the air out of the front or rear
system. (and it can bind on some systems) On my cars I use a very short stroke
pedal and I can bleed the system with a hand vaccum bleeder one caliper at a
time or I can gravity bleed as all of my lines run downhill. Bottom line is,
does the car stop without pumping the pedal. If it does, your doing whatever
you're doing right. If you're pumping the pedal then I suggest you do
something different with your system. Balance between the front and rears is
critical under heavy braking, and when you get it right it's wonderful!

Sam

> From: RKramer@rdoequipment.com
> To: Billb@bnj.com; s.janzen@comcast.net
> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:52:53 -0500
> CC: tr3driver@ca.rr.com; fot@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Fluid, dual circuits and speed bleeders
>
> This is where those little $4.99 Harbor Freight bottles with magnets work
so
> well. I hook up all four and walk around until I get them all pumping about
> the same and it seems to work great.
>
> Bob in Austin.

Behalf
> Of Bill Babcock
> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 3:17 PM
> To: Scott Janzen
> Cc: Randall; 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Fluid, dual circuits and speed bleeders
>
> Usually you need to do whatever circuit you did first over again if
> you do them separately. I do anyway, I find I almost always get a
> little more pedal if I follow the old shampoo bottle method--lather,
> rinse, repeat. Those of us who sometimes write code have a tough time
> ending that infinite loop, but you just need to apply a little
> discipline.
>
> On Mar 20, 2009, at 9:34 AM, Scott Janzen wrote:
>
> > my experience is that I can the circuits separately w/o trouble,
> > though certainly don't get as much travel before it binds.
> >

> > On Mar 20, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Randall wrote:
> >
> >> You have to bleed the fronts/rears together if you have a balance
> >> bar!
> >> It's
> >> possable to get a bind in the balance bar if only bleeding one
> >> circuit and
> >> this would prevent full travel.
> >
> > Pardon my ignorance (don't have a balance bar), but wouldn't the bind
> > last
> > only until the pedal was released? And it be possible to bleed with
> > the
> > reduced stroke caused by the bar binding?
> >
> > Randall
> > Fot mailing list
> > Fot@autox.team.net
> >

> Bill Babcock
> Babcock & Jenkins
> Billb@bnj.com
> 503.936.7660
> www.bnj.com
>
> Editor
> Ke Nalu e-Magazine
> Paddlesurfing's Web Journal
>
> Bill@kenalu.com
> www.kenalu.com
> blog: www.ponohouse.com/ponoblog
> Fot mailing list
> Fot@autox.team.net

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail..
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/LearnMore/personalize.aspx?ocid=TXT_MSGTX_
WL_HM_express_032009#colortheme